Saturday, 10 October 2015

JAPAN - 日本国 Nippon-koku / Nihon-koku

Japan (Japanese日本 Nippon [nip̚põ̞ɴ] or Nihon [nihõ̞ɴ]; formally 日本国  Nippon-koku or Nihon-koku, "State of Japan") is an island country in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it lies to the east of the Sea of Japan, the East China SeaChinaNorth KoreaSouth Korea and Russia, stretching from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea and Taiwan in the south. The kanji that make up Japan's name mean "sun origin", and Japan is often called the "Land of the Rising Sun".







Beautiful Japan-India Joint Issue stamps affixed airmail covers sent by Mitsushiko from Japan. I was searching a lot for the Joint Issue sets but could not find, finally Mitsushiko gifted to me. On the second cover, The right sided two stamps are related to my State Kerala, showing the picture of our Traditional Art Dance Mohiniyattam and Kadhakali. So These two covers are very special to me. Thank You very much Mitsushiko for the perfect cover into my collection.

This is another nice cover sent by Mitsushiko with my favourite Squirrel stamps and  perfect postmarks. Thanks again for the nice covers.

This is another nice cover sent by Mitsushiko with Mountains of Japan stamps. Those stamps are gifted by another good Japanese friend Kotomi. Thanks Kotomi and Mitsushiko for the good job.



These covers sent by my good friend Kotomi from Fukuoka. She was very interesting when i explained about my collection, then she sent me set of Mountains stamps of Japan. Thanks a lot Kotomi for the big help.

No comments:

Post a Comment