Wednesday, 23 November 2016

TURKMENISTAN - Türkmenistan

Turkmenistan is a country in Central Asia, bordered by Kazakhstan to the northwest, Uzbekistan to the north and east, Afghanistan to the southeast, Iran to the south and southwest, and the Caspian Sea to the west. Over 80% of the country is covered by the Karakum Desert. The center of the country is dominated by the Turan Depression and the Karakum Desert. The Kopet Dag Range, along the southwestern border, reaches 2,912 metres (9,554 feet) at Kuh-e Rizeh (Mount Rizeh). The major cities include AşgabatTürkmenbaşy (formerly Krasnovodsk) and Daşoguz.



These beautiful covers sent back my very good friend Lola from Turkmenistan. It is one of the rare countries and the postal service will not allow irregular sized covers to be posted. Need to get special permission, or to put the covers inside the Govt. provided one after postmarking. I was trying to get a stamped and postmarked covers from Turkmenistan for a long time, but failed. The covers posted on October 22, 2016 and I received them in my hands on November 22, 2016. Thank You Lola for the big help.

This beautiful cover from Turkmenistan sent by my friend Dupin from Ashgabat. The cover I had sent two years back to post me back, but he missed. Now it came with my another friend's cover which is posted from another city in Turkmenistan. The cover posted on 22 september 2016 and I received them in my hands on November 21, 2016. Thank You Duping for the beautiful cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.