Friday, 26 June 2015

ZAMBIA

The Republic of Zambia  is a landlocked country in Southern Africa, neighbouring the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the north, Tanzania to the north-east, Malawi to the east, MozambiqueZimbabweBotswana and Namibia to the south, and Angola to the west. The capital city is Lusaka, in the south-central part of Zambia. The population is concentrated mainly around Lusaka in the south and the Copperbelt Province to the northwest. The territory of what is now Zambia was known as Northern Rhodesia from 1911. It was renamed Zambia at independence in 1964. The new name of Zambia was derived from the Zambezi river (Zambezi may mean "River of God")


I received three beautiful airmail covers from Zambia, which is prepared by me and sent by my good friend Deo, while he visited there. The postmark is very perfect and it is done by Deo on special request to the Zampost Staff. Actually I prepared these covers for making Registered letters, but the postal staff has strange and meaningless rules, that they wil not postmark or even accept the covers with stamps for sending as registered mail. Deo requested that no need to consider the affixed stamps , will pay again, still they were adamant and refused the service. Finally Deo sent these covers are normal mail. I wrote them an angry letter regarding this issue, they always speak about stamp business, but not ready to do a perfect service to the collectors.So I decided that no more future plan with Zambia either buying stamps or making covers. I removed the UPU barcode label from the non stamped registered mail and affixed on my cover with stamps.
 

This is one among the covers sent by Deo, unfortunately I received it as wet in condition. Somehow I managed by keeping between big books .



This is my first cover from Zambia, arranged by my good friend Holger. The cover posted on Nov 13, 2014 and I treceived on December 05, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment